Easy Chicken Quesadilla
A popular dish that many like to order at a restaurant is the Quesadilla. Typically, a restaurant quesadilla is LOADED with calories when you’d think it’s a little “Healthier” right? Well, if you were to go to Apple Bee’s or TGI Friday’s and order the Chipotle Lime Chicken Quesadilla or the regular Chicken Quesadilla it would be over 1200 calories without the sides and 24 WW points!!
Mine is around 455 calories and tastes just as good if not better!
My Easy Chicken Quesadilla is the best and easy way to use up some leftover veggies or veggies on the way out the door. Grab a rotisserie chicken and put it all together in less than 20 minutes. Not to mention it has WAY less calories and WW points.
As a busy mom of three, I NEED quick and easy recipes. Sometimes you just need something so easy but that is still nutritious with minimal effort needed.
Here is what you will need:
- Bell peppers
- Cooked chicken or rotisserie
- Taco seasonings, I use Dak’s Spices
- Elote seasoning
- Beef broth
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Low carb tortillas
- Fat free refried beans
- Fat free cheese
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Ranch seasoning
I was using up what I had in the fridge and on my counter as far as produce was concerned. I used a bag of mini sweet peppers that were looking pretty sad, and I didn’t have regular white onions, so I went with red. I actually enjoyed the red over white for once.
Rotisserie chicken is a great item to buy especially in a pinch for dinner ideas. I like to grab one every few weeks when I know my schedule is crazy. They are convenient and taste amazing as well. I also save the carcass to make chicken stock afterwards or soup.
My love for Dak’s Spices runs deep. They are salt free spices so you can control the salt in your cooking. If you’d like to try them out use code CHEFALLIE at Dak’s Spices for a little discount.
I love the flavoring of this Elote seasoning from Trader Joe’s.
Here is the only brand I use for chicken and beef broth. They are amazing and the flavor is so great. If you ever would like to try out Kettle & Fire use code CHEFALLIESKITCHEN or just click HERE
The Mission Carb balance tortillas are the closest to the regular full calorie tortillas. Many other options on the market so I would say it is a personal preference. I’ve used lower calorie tortillas and they usually are still delicious but again, this is what I had on hand.
We usually always have some sort of bean on hand, and I went with the refried this time. It is a lot easier to use as far as spreading onto the tortilla.
Any cheese will work that you like. Again, trying to keep it lower in calories and WW points so this is what I like to use and usually ALWAYS have on hand. It melts perfectly fine on the quesadilla.
Here is how to make it:
- In a sauté pan, add the sliced peppers and onions and cook until tender
- Once tender add the rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken to the pan
- Season with taco seasoning, Elote seasoning, salt and pepper
- Add a few splashes of beef broth to the mixture
- Take the fat free refried beans to one of the tortillas
- Add the veggie chicken mixture then the cheese
- Top with the other tortilla and place into a sauté pan
- Brown both sides
- Enjoy with your choice of sides
Easy Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 Saute pan
- 1/2 Cup Red onions sliced
- 1 Cup Mini peppers sliced
- 1/2 tsp Dak's Taco Knight seasoning to taste
- 1/2 tsp Dak's Street Taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Trader Joe's Elote seasoning
- 3 ounces Rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 TBSP Kettle & Fire beef bone broth
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 1/2 TBSP Lime juice
- 2 each Mission Carb tortillas
- 1/4 Fat free refried beans
- 1/2 Cup Fat free cheddar cheese
- Non-fat Greek yogurt optional
- Hidden Valley ranch seasoning to taste
- Trader Joe's Elote to taste
- Mateo's salsa optional
- In a sauté pan cook peppers and onions until tender
- Add the rotisserie chicken
- Add seasonings and beef bone broth
- Add the chopped cilantro, lime zest and lime juice
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Once filling is done, take the refried beans and smear on one of the tortillas
- Take the filling and add over the refried beans
- Sprinkle the cheese on top then pan fry on both sides until golden brown
- Cut and enjoy with your choice of sides