Sausage, Egg & Cheese Sandwich with Fig Jam
Have you ever had a McDonald’s sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches with the grape jelly before? Or any fast-food breakfast sandwiches with grape jelly added? I know, sounds weird…
Ok, well back in high school my friend Alex and I would head to McDonald’s in the morning and grab a sausage, egg and cheese either on a bagel, biscuits or English muffin. My friend Alex would always ask for a grape jelly on the side. I always wondered why and was skeptical until I tried it. It was AMAZING, and now here is the healthier version and it’s just as delicious using my fig jam.
If you were to get a breakfast sandwich at McDonald’s or Dunkin Donuts it would be HIGH 500 in calories including the grape jelly. Mine is a little over 300 calories including the fig jam. If following WW it would be 18-23 WW points and mine is only 6 WW.
Here is what you will need:
- Light English muffins
- Egg whites
- Borden’s fat free American cheese
- Dak’s everything but the salt seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Jones Dairy chicken sausage links
- My Fig Jam
Here are the light English muffins I use. I get them from Shop Rite.
These are the egg whites I purchase from Costco. You can use any egg whites, but these are the cheapest I’ve found.
Borden’s brand, is the only “melty cheese” I buy, there are other brands, but I LOVE Borden’s.
Dak’s Spices has an everything but the bagel seasoning that has ZERO salt. There are other brands like this one, but they have salt in them. This is why I love Dak’s Spices. Use code CHEFALLIE for a discount at Dak’s Spices
Jones Dairy is by far the ONLY breakfast chicken sausage I buy. I get them from Costco, they are so delicious. I’ve had other brands, but this is the only one that I actually like.
HERE is my Fig Jam. It is so easy to make and very delicious.
Here is how to make it:
- First you can either microwave or pan fry the chicken sausage
- While those are cooking, start to cook your egg whites
- Season the egg whites with salt, pepper and Dak’s Everything but Tha Salt seasoning
- While the eggs are cooking, toast your English muffin
- Take the eggs and fold over until small enough to place on the English muffin
- Add a slice of cheese to the eggs and melt
- Assemble the sandwich with the fig jam on one or both sides of the English muffin followed with the eggs and sausage
Sausage, Egg and Cheese with Fig Jam
- Frying Pan
- 1 Light english muffin
- 1 Slice Borden's fat free American cheese
- 2/3 Cup Egg whites
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dak's Everything But Tha Salt seasoning
- 3 links Jones Dairy Chicken sausage
- 1/4 Cup My Fig Jam Recipe HEREhttps://chefallieskitchen.com/2020/08/29/homemade-fig-jam/
- In a microwave or frying pan brown up/warm up your sausage links
- While warming up the sausage, pour the egg whites into a hot pan
- Season the egg whites with salt, pepper and everything but the salt seasoning
- While the eggs are cooking, put the english muffin into the toaster
- Once eggs are fully cooked, fold them over into the size of the english muffin and place a slice of cheese one
- Once everything is ready start to assemble the sandwich
- Smear the fig jam on both sides of the toasted english muffin, followed by the eggs and sausage