Did you know that the word Gratin means always baked and or broiled in a shallow dish. Gratin topping is traditionally cheese or breadcrumbs that get crispy under the broiler.
My Tomato & Fennel Gratin is the perfect side dish for any dinner or holiday. Its not only super easy to throw together its delicious. Have you ever had fennel? It has a sweet anise like flavor that pairs so well with the sweet roasted tomatoes.
Tomato & Fennel Gratin
- Casserole dish
- 24 oz. Grape tomatoes Halved
- 2 Cups Fennel Sliced thinly
- 1 tsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Dak's Italian Blast
- 1 Package Shake N Bake one bag
- 1/2 Cup Fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP Minced fresh garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a casserole dish lightly with avocado oil
- Slice grape tomatoes
- Slice Fennel thinly
- In a food processor combine breadcrumbs, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning & garlic
- Place tomatoes and fennel into the casserole dish.
- Top tomatoes & fennel with breadcrumbs
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until bubbling and browned.