Another staple on our holiday table is cranberry sauce. I love making my own but my sister likes the good old cranberry sauce from the can.
I enjoy making my own because of the flavors and the versatility you have with it afterwards.
Thanksgiving leftovers may be the best part of Thanksgiving..maybe!
I enjoy my cranberry sauce on toast or on a Thanksgiving leftover turkey sandwich, either way you’ll love it!
Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Small sauce pot
- 1 Pound Frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 TBSP Truvia Brown Sugar Or sweetener of your choice
- 3 TBSP Monk Fruit Sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Fresh orange juice
- 1 TBSP Fresh orange zest
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Place everything into a small pot
- Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes
- While boiling you can take a spoon to mash up some of the cranberries or keep them full
- Set to simmer for about 5 minutes then set to the side to cool
- Serve warm or cold