This was such a delicious and easy meal that came together in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
This meal is made with my Basil Spinach Pesto and brightens this dish beyond belief. It uses rotisserie chicken for convenience and amazing fiber packed pasta!
Pesto Penne Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken bouillon base optional
- 8 oz Fiber Gourmet Light Penne or pasta of your choice
- 1 Cup reserved pasta water
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomatoes cut if large
- 1/3 Cup Basil Spinach Pesto Recipe on my blog, linked in notes
- 1/4 Cup Grated parmesan
- 1/2 Pound Rotisserie chicken chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Get the water ready for your pasta and add the chicken bouillon (optional) for extra flavoring. Reserve pasta water and set aside once cooked
- In a deep pan place the tomatoes and sear just for a few minutes
- Deglaze the pan with the reserved pasta water while scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan
- Add my Basil Spinach Pesto until all coated
- Add the cheese, chicken and more tomatoes if desired
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy