If you need a delicious, easy and comforting dish this is the one!
Not to mention, kid approved and makes GREAT for leftovers or meal prep.
This recipe came together in less than 30 minutes and was AMAZING!
Only 333 calories on Healthi Calorie Command and 7 WW personal points.
Here is what you will need:
- Instant pot or dutch oven. The Instant Pot I have, and use is HERE
- Avocado oil spray
- 96/4 Ground beef
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Dried oregano
- Bell peppers
- Chicken or beef broth, I use Kettle & Fire
- Grated parmesan
This is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It is a work horse and makes great meals in half the time. HERE is the one I have off of Amazon.
The basic and delicious seasonings that are always on hand in my house.
You will need some diced onions and diced bell peppers or even mini bell peppers, make sure they are finely diced.
Either fresh or already prepared minced garlic will do
I only use the brand Kettle & Fire for my broths. They are delicious and packed with protein. If you’ve never tried them and would like too, just click HERE for a discount.
We found this AMAZING sauce when we were in Boston and visited the store Eataly. We bought the GARDEN style one and was SO amazing and I will continue to buy this brand. Not to mention, the calories are so low!
Here is a great protein pasta that tastes great. They have a few different pasta types, but penne is the one I usually buy or always have on hand.
Fresh basil is always a great addition on any pasta or Italian dish.
Here is how to make it:
- In an instant pot or Dutch oven, spray the bottom lightly with avocado oil
- Add the ground beef and break it up
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and dried oregano
- Add the finely chopped onions and peppers. Cook until tender
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about one minute
- Pour the broth and marinara in and combine
- Add the dried pasta and set to high pressure for 5 minutes (If using a Dutch oven, add the pasta and cover for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked)
- Once high pressure is done, quick release and mix up
- Add some grated parmesan and serve with some fresh basil
Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Instant pot or Dutch Oven
- 1 1/4 Pound 96/4 Ground Beef
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Onions diced fine
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers dined fine
- 1 TBSP Garlic minced
- 2 Cups Kettle & Fire Chicken or beef broth discount code in notes
- 2 Cups Marinara sauce, low sodium
- 8 oz Barilla protein plus penne pasta DRY
- Grated parmesan Optional
- Basil to garnish
- In an instant add a little avocado oil then the beef
- Season beef with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and oregano
- Cook beef until cooked all the way through
- Add the peppers and onions. Cook until translucent and tender
- Add the garlic, cook for about one minute
- Pour the broth in followed by the sauce
- Add the dried pasta in and set instant pot to high pressure for 5 mniuntes
- Once timer is done, quick release pressure**IF COOKING ON THE STOVE< ADD PASTA AND LET SIT FOR ABOUT15 MINUTES WITH A LID OR UNTIL PASTA IS TENDER**
- Mix up, add a little grated parmesan and serve with fresh basil and more cheese if desired