Living in New England we get the cold months starting in the fall and when those days come all I want to enjoy is a bowl of soup! My Pasta Fagioli is one of those amazing hearty soups that just warm the soul right up.
Did I mention this soup was done in one pot and under an hour! This soup is also kid friendly and amazing for leftovers and meal prepping.
- Dutch oven, crockpot or Instant Pot
- Can opener
- Avocado oil for coating pan
- 1 1/4 Pounds Ground beef 96/4
- 1 1/2 Cups Onions Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots Chopped, roughly
- 1 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 TBSP Garlic minced
- 24 oz. Tomato sauce, no salt
- 32 oz. Fat free chicken broth
- 15 oz. Diced tomatoes , no salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Italian blend
- 1 Cup Barilla Ditalini pasta Dry
- 1 Can Dark kidney beans ( 15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Northern beans ( 15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a dutch oven coat lightly with avocado oil and brown beef
- Once beef is browned, set aside
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the pan until tender . If using a crockpot brown beef in separate pan then the onions, carrots and celery then place into the crockpot.
- Once vegetables are tender add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano, thyme and Italian seasoning. Blend.
- Add the beef back into the pot
- Add the dry pasta and bring to a boil then simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add beans, parsley and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy